Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Tuesday, April 30, 2002

Day 00

Date: April 30, 2002
Location: Room 420 Kings College Girls Dorm (Alexandra Hall), Halifax Nova Scotia.
Distance Travelled: 0 km

This is the first entry in my journal dating back to and specifically written about my walkabout adventure across the East Coast Provinces. someone may notice the room number I was in during this post, and it is accurate. The room was my sister Lesley's when she was a student at Kings College. She had the chase off the pot heads all the time who would just show up to hang in room 420.

I've only an hour ago, participated in a CBC Radio interview with Matt Raighny down at the studio. Keitha and I were quite impressed with the setup and technology they used. (I'm always impressed with technology!)

Yesterday, I had a wonderful interview with Raymond Shepard of CKDU Dalhousie Radio. He had all of his... pardon me... "work" together - he most likely actually visited the WTE site - and had prepared a question sheet for me so that I may be more prepared for the interview. He asked a good variety of questions ranging from family to how will I afford to pay for everything I need. I really felt that he had an interest in what I had to say.

After the Interview, he took a moment of his own time to discuss with me his own personal views about the lost generation. I found him to be supportive of the walk, it's goals and mandate, not to mention very communicative and on-the-level. I hope to meet him again in the future.

I suppose my interview with CBC wasn't quite what I had expected. I wasn't really over-prepared, but I was braced for an impact that never came. I thought about his questions too much, I didn't answer with short, direct, concise prases. I waited pounce on the directive, but there was no lead.

As a lesson in the future, I should not anticipate the extremes. Be prepared, but know that anything can happen. Even the simplest of mice can escape the cat watching the wrong hole.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers