Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Wednesday, May 1, 2002

Day 01



Date: May 1, 2002
Location: Highway 7 North of Halifax Nova Scotia.
Distance Traveled: 15 km

I helped keitha move out this morning, and gave her a big hug as she climbed into the cab. She was extremely supportive, as she should be; acting as my PR agent and all. She asked me this morning if I was ready to go. I replied that indeed, I was not ready, but I'm going anyway.

This has been a saving point for me in the past. I grade 9, an aquaintance once wrote in my yearbook " courage is knowing you are afraid, and continuing anyway". We didn't know each other very well, and I'm sure that she meant it only as a nice epitaph, but it stuck with me ever since. It has been and still is the best advice on could give. It made me a good skater because I didn't allow influences, competitors or crowds intimidate me. I was afraid, and for good reason. but I turned that fear into a fuel. I lit my terror like a propane torch and did what I needed to do, wanted to do and loved to do.

Just getting a little off topic, I'm having serious doubts about my gutar. I love her dearly and she has been my prized possession for a number of years, but today, she's been worse than a task master. She weighs the same as my pack (including hard case) and she's destroying my back. If anyone needs a hardshell gutar case I'm selling it for $60. I'll throw in the Fender for $400. You can find me walking the highway, a young man with an old walk.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers