Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Saturday, May 4, 2002

Day 04 - Looking and feeling like Ghandi are 2 different things


Date: May 4, 2002
Location: Curly's Portables, Pub & Grub; Hwy 2, Enfield Nova Scotia
Distance Traveled: 12 km (53 km)

"Looking and feeling like Ghandi are 2 different things."

Of course, just because I was on the road to self discovery, didn't mean I automaticlly learn to budget my money. I blew a bunch of it here on pub fare because I was just too hungry and unable to control myself.

So the distance I've travelled in 4 days is about 1/3 rd of what I had wanted to accomplish. Except for the 1 day lay over in Laurie Park and Bob's Bait, I'd be moving a little faster than the average hiker who is NOT carrying a guitar. I am NOT however' moving as quickly as I want to. My original calculation said less than one month. The atlas said I would make it in little under 2, but I'm figuring I'll actually arrive in Belleville near Canada Day, July 1 st . This isn't so bad, but I don't want to show up looking like Ghandi.

I did some laundry at Bob's Bait this morning. Had a very difficult time prying myself away from the television, to that it was interesting. Saturday morning pokemon is not my idea of entertainment, but it was riviting, don't ask me why.

When all was washed and/or dried... and I finally ripped my eyes from the tv, I made my way North, leaving around 1 pm (Atlantic). I'm still thinking in Eastern Time. I still remember something Joe said last night. He mentioned something along the lines of “You know, transiants, the people between places!” I laughed so hard when this phrase escaped his lips. I was still a bit dizzy at the time and pondering Keitha's statement about a person's place. A transient, by Joe's description and my current understaning of “Place” would be anyone who really doesn't know what to do. They are in almost every sense “ lost” and so from now on, I and every frustrated soul, confused youth and Lost Boy will be considered transients. People who are between the places they know and places they will be.

Anyway, I left there, walked another 12 klicks to Curly's (where I am now) and plan on sleeping under a bridge. Phill (the bartender) suggested it would be a safe place. Curly's is awesome, Bob will help anyone in need and I am still hurting like hell!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers