Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Sunday, May 5, 2002

Day 05 - Oh JOY! oh BLISter!



Date: May 5, 2002
Location: Hidden Clearing near Esso Station; Hwy 2, Milford Nova Scotia
Distance Traveled: 15 km (68 km)

"Oh JOY! oh BLISter!"

When I find this photo of the GIANT BLISTERS I had on my feet, I'll post it here strait away, just for Anna, who told me not to! :P

I never did find that bridge until this morning. I had mistaken Phil's directions and turned right at the lights instead of going strait another 150 meters. But in the dark, I couldn't see anything. There was a library at that corner with a C@P sign (public internet) but was closed on Sunday's. Just my luck, it is Sunday.

I had camped instead on the side of a pile of wood shavings. The rain from before had seeped through the pile and was oozing out the bottom mixed with some kind of oily substance. It stank and I dealt with it. Beside this pile of muck was one of those fenced-in Industrial art statues that hum. I'm sure someone thinks they serve a purpose, but I think they only leave them there to poison us. Anyway, I found a dry patch of gravel between these two eyesores away from view of the road. 

This morning, I found that I had a beautiful view of some farmland. I decided to sleep in until noon and take my time. There's no need to rush when you aren't sure. Sure of myself that is. I know the road's not going anywhere, but I'm only starting to realize the hell I'm in for.

After a couple of hours, I reached the village of Lantz. An odd name, but a pleasant bunch of homes. I sat sown for a rest near a small bridge, had a bite to eat and decided to take a picture of my blistered foot. There are two nickel-sized blisters right under my big and second toe. I put some “moleskin” over them so when they do pop (and they did) the skin will stay intact and dry out quickly. This way, I can continue walking. 

After Lantz, I was climbing another hill when suddenly, Idaho sprung up as if from nowhere. Actually, it was the beginning of Milford. The big red barns, silos and farm houses were so close together, it was like looking at a condensed version of Idaho.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers