Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Tuesday, May 7, 2002

Day 07 - Pride & Prejudice


Date: May 7, 2002
Location: Iron Forge Pub, Stewiake, NS
Distance Traveled: 2 km (85 km)


"Pride & Prejudice"


A crazy night in a crazy little town. Perhaps I will return, but it's enough to know that a biker in Nova Scotia gave me my name.


I would probably... well definitely be another 15 klicks farther than I am now, but I seemed to have walked into a family. First it was birthday party, I was given pizza for being in the pub. Then it was another birthday, and I was given a piece of cake, 10 minutes later a second piece of cake... I couldn't accept all this charity without a song, so when I pulled out my guitar, this biker dude (Doug) went nuts and set up the karaoke machine so I could have a mic. Then we passed the guitar around to the few who could play; everyone bought me drinks and I accidentally swallowed 2 quarters that were in my glass. I flirted outrageously with the waitress (Alanna) and spoke at length about the differences between Canada and the bartender's (Sam) homelands of Lebanon & Sierra Leone.


I chatted it up with a very nice older lady who liked to talk about her husband's guitars and the random jam sessions that happened in their home. Mona was a 30ish flirt and her husband Kevin was from Kingston Ontario. I had a wonderful afternoon & a great night drinking and singing with Doug, who kept calling me "brother". I stayed at Doug's place. They teased me this morning about my snoring even though Eric (another couch crasher) was snoring much worse. I told everyone there at the Iron Forge that if I ever moved to Nova Scotia, I would be sure to put my time in Stewiake.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers