Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Thursday, May 9, 2002

Day 09 - Every Dream Turns Wet

Date: May 9, 2002

"Every Dream Turns Wet"

I spent the day lying in the sun, playing guitar, writing poems and feeling the world around me.  That was until it started to rain.  I wasn't expecting it at all and almost everything got wet in the process.  I saved the guitar but the case is going to fall apart soon and there is nothing I can really do about that.  It was far too late to break camp and move on, so I waited it out by reading Steven Hawkings "A Brief History of Time and Space" the updated version. I'm 166 pages into it, it's only 197 pages.  I figure that I should know a little more about our universe so that I can better define my (our) place in it.

After reading some Socrates and Steven Hawking; I found that I wasn't alone in saying that I believe in the possibility of a God.  Hawking never says... "and God made it that way". Instead, he goes as far as to say that certain undenounced theory's still leave room for a God to have set things in motion.

Socrates was a little more adamant about a God claiming that logic alone can prove his existance.  Mind you, I realize Socrates never wrote anything himself; I've studied Plato's "The Apology" and I'm currently reading "The Best Thing in Life" by Peter Kreeft which is a collection of modern dialouges using Socrates as the main character.

My sister Lesley & my new friend Keitha both swear that I was meant to take FIB.  I think they mean Philosophy, as a course.  I may do that.  I remember getting very frustrated with Damien because he would use huge words and references that I never understood.  I don't want to go out and buy myself a new vocabulary but I think a good background in the Socratic method will make my life much easier.  I would actually recommend that to everybody.

You may think that you are clever, that you know enough. Or you may not believe you have any brains at all.  Either way, knowing how to ask questions will show you that it is better to think yourself a fool and know knothing than it is to think yourself wise and still be a fool.

It's going to be a wet sleep tonight.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers