Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Tuesday, May 14, 2002

Day 14 - No Changes

"...and the man looked upon Greg and said: This is NOT good. Should this penniless pilgrim ever find himself, it will be as a tidal wave of individualism and spiritual peace as the others will soon want their own understanding. I can't have that as a threat to my power. So the man pulled his strings and paid his bribes. Then on the 14th day of Greg's quest, he awoke to a freezing rain from the overcast, satellite-controlled skies, and he smiled.


FOOL!!! he cried, dost thou not realise that I have hit bottom? From here I have only to climb, and climb I shall to the pinnacles of the Cobequid mountains as a symbol of my testament against your power hungry and oppressive reign!!!! I will let slide what truly doesn't matter and that, THAT, shall be my power over you!!!


Then Greg went about protecting his gear from the rains and promptly went back to sleep."

Yah, anyway, I woke up later and was very unhappy with what I found. I owe my sister Anna a huge apology, not that she needs an apology, but that I deserve a big kick in the soggy butt for not listening to her advice. I have once again laid my plastic fist and under the tent, waking upon a leaky, cold water bed. Now I see how and shy I should put the plastic inside the tent from now on. Experience is truly the best if harshest of teachers.

Around 2 pm, I couldn't take it any more. I left the tent in the bushes with my pack and guitar, and headed over to the Masstown Market, where I ran into Charlie again. I bought an endless cup of coffee and a small bowl of a soup made with fiddle heads. Charlie showed me what they look like and told me were to find them in the wild. It's actually a young fern that grows near water. Tasty.

I also spent some time on the free internet, chatting with Lesley and Anna, my friend from College Jules and another friend Greg who is on his way to Korea to teach English as a second language.  Then some people added me to their MSN contact list. Christa was one, and I thought that was cool. But the one that struck me was my ex-girlfriend, the one. the one that I couldn't bear to look at for 2 years. We parted on pretty bad terms, mostly mine. I don't know what exactly has happened to me or even exactly when, but during the last two weeks, I've come through a bit of an internal struggle.

... This is the part where I go on and on about feelings and history and stuff. But I'm not going to. Rest assured, that I got over myself and a major goal was achieved...

It's taken me two years, but I know now what to look for and to never make that mistake again, though I know I may never find anybody like her again either.


--
Friar Greg

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers