Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Wednesday, May 15, 2002

Day 15 - Folly

Date: May 15, 2002
Location: Clearing under Ponderosa Sign, Hwy 4, Folly Mountain, Nova Scotia
Distance Travelled: 12 km (163 km)

"Folly"
10% of my trip over now and almost halfway through the month. A sign said that Amherst is probably 96 km away. that is 1 week if I don't make too many stops. Last night, Charlie's father gave me a ride into Truro to do some laundry. Charlie and her friend gave me a ride back to my camp site when I was done. Those two girls were quite a pair. Charlie was able to sum her friend Cheryl up into an easy to remember phrase: "the town tricycle." Later again there was mention of sucking chrome off tricycles. But I don't remember who said it. :)

We had a short discussion about budgeting and impulse buying. I was testing my ability with the Socratic method. Charlie bought me a chocolate milk and they dropped me off near my camp in the dark. I was able to put my plastic on the inside this time and had a warm, dry sleep. even though it drizzled all night.

The Sun came out today around 11am so I finally kicked my butt out of bed, packed up and mode my way to the Double C truck stop for water, coffee and to update my journal. Just after I left there, Charlie showed up and returned a book I had left in her dad's van. She had just finished an interview with some University Professors in Ottawa over the internet. She had been nervous before, but she said she had done well enough. Good Job Charlie!

Well, at the top of the mountains, daylight takes forever to go away. I read the coolest thing in my book tonight. It was called "Autobiography in 5 chapters". I'll write about it later... it's freezing!

--
Friar Greg

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers