Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Thursday, May 16, 2002

Day 16 - Back in the Saddle Baby

Date: May 16, 2002
Location: Cellar Pub, Wentworth Valley, Nova Scotia
Distance Travelled: 12 km (175 km)

"Back in the Saddle Baby"

I tried to get an early start around 9 am, I was afraid that it was going to rain, but it never did. There was tonnes of wind and it seemed like the road just went up and down all day.  I climbed and climbed so much, that I've really lost where I am. With so few landmarks I'm finding it difficult to judge distance.

I've passed Folly Lake and taken some pictures. Remember that Tim's without any seats? well it turns out, it is owned by some guy that also owns the Esso next door a dry cleaners and a delivery service. After snapping those pics of the lake, I helped out a guy who delivered for that owner. He blew a tire (and I mean it was in 3 pieces off the rim) and didn't have a spare. I helped him un-seize his jack but that was about all I could do until a tire came, so I moved on.

There were a number of beautiful places to camp along the road, but it was early in the day and the best one was taken by a young couple. Let's just say, I didn't want to interrupt. I love this Provence.

Anyway, I stopped in here at the Cellar pub, made some calls and had a drink.

--
Friar Greg

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers