Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Friday, May 10, 2002

Day 10 - Ontario? Are You Nuts?

Date: May 10, 2002
Location: ATV Trail, 5 km N Brookfield, Nova Scotia
Distance Traveled: 14 km (117 km)

"Ontario? Are You Nuts?"

I waited until 2 pm for the rain to stop so that I could shake everything out.  It didn't make any difference seeing as how all the laundry I had meticulously  washed and dried on the line and folded and put away... was now wet. My pack took on about another 8 lbs just from the cloths and the blankets.

I was afraid my tent would get moldy but I've found a nice dry spot tonight so it should dry by morning.  I've found that my belt can move in another 2 notches easily.  Though I can't see a change in my pot-belly.  I walked in wet shoes, wet pants and sweater all the way into Brookfield, where the Tim Hortons has no where to sit.  This is a first. I never believed that I could find a town so smll that it's Timmy's has no chairs.

I also stopped at the Brookfield Golf & Country Club where I was permitted a shower.   Very nice people.  I was invited into a flop-house by some kids my age & given a beer.  We talked a bit about my walk and I played a couple tunes on my guitar.  Sarah was the only one who introduced herself.  There was one guy who kept repeating: "Ontario, man you gotta be nuts!"

Everyone was freaking out that the cops were going to crash their little get-together so I figured it was best to leave.  I found this place easily enough, so I'm just gonna crash and maybe get an early start in the morning.  I'll hit Turo tomorrow if I'm smart.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers