Walk The Earth

Once, I was messed up. My life had fallen apart and I was lost in my self and the chaos of my feelings. So I dropped it all. I sold everything I owned and with nothing more than the pack on my back and the guitar in my hand, I trekked the highways and back roads of Canada from the East Coast heading... ? It eventually stopped, but one day, I shall pick up where I left off and maybe this time I won't go it alone.

Saturday, May 11, 2002

Day 11 - Stone Shiatsu

Date: May 11, 2002
Location: Truro, NS
Distance Traveled: 13 km (130 km)

"Stone Shiatsu"

Up early and happy as hell to see the sky clear; but my hopes were almost dashed as I saw the darkest storm clouds ever heading my way.  They never did pass over but the wind almost burnt me, buffeting me almost into the road then almost into the ditch.

Last night, the bumps under the tent were like a stone shiatzu.  I highly recomend you sleep on that one before complaining about your matress ever again.  Around noon, I passed through a MicMaq community, which reminded me of Bob, back in Stewiake. Bob's introduction was "you have to call me a native. You can't call me an Indian because there aren't any wagon's left to burn." I don't think I'll mention that one again, but it was funny as hell when he said it.

Anyway, the most interesting thing I saw here was the trading post. It consisted of a sinkgle booth, on the road.  Cars wer lining up on both sides so it looked like a toll booth.  But driver's weren't paying a toll for the road, but for their lungs.  I wish now that I had taken a picture of it.

People lining up for a drive-thru cigarette shop.  $50 a carton may be a deal here, but I'm used to $35 on the carton and $29 on reserve, well, in Ontario anyway.

(time lapse)

I'm in a Tim Horton's now in Truro.  Yes!! It has SEATS!!  Lots of them! I'm thinking it may be wise to stay out of the mountains so from here I'm changing my route a little.  I could go North on highway 4 thorugh the mountains in about a week but ther are almost no towns. Or I could go east then North on Highway 2 with a detour on the 302.  Now, it's 30 km longer, but there are plenty of towns to stop in.  The mountains may even slow me down more than I expect.  So it's a toss-up.  I'll have to ask around for advice.

(time lapse)

I just talked to some nice guys who say that the Cobequid Mountains aren't really mountains at all and that I should just stock up with some extra water before I leave Truro.

(time lapse)

I found a library and posted an entry only minutes before they closed down.  I'm sure everyone reading at home is going nuts... "What! Only 1 post in 6 days?"  I'm getting to them, don't you worry. At the library I met chap named Rudy who was a prayer leader or something.  We had coffee, went to the night yourth meeting where I met so many other people... Loren, Ruthy, some other chics I can't remember their names... if you get the picture.  I jammed with Robert and crashed with Rudy.

{the rest of this entry was extended on the original blog site, but was lost after that ISP decided I didn't pay enough for their services. These entries are strait from my hard cover journal I wrote in on my journey.}

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers